The objectives of this ITIL Intermediate Service Strategy course are to fully understand the customer business objectives and priorities and the role that IT services play in enabling these objectives to be met. Key topics that are covered in the course include; service value definition, business-case development, service assets, market analysis, and service provider types. The course is intended to provide the holders of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management with a practical level of proficiency in the management of the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle and to test and validate this knowledge in the associated exam and certification.
Price 700 USD
Access Period 180 days
- There is no formal prerequisite for this certification.
- This course will be of benefit to any IT professional who needs to understand the concepts and activities of ITIL Service Strategy at management level.
- It is also suitable if you have completed the ITIL Foundation certificate, and you are wishing to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What is included
- Accredited by PeopleCert (which is licensed by AXELOS as an Examination Institute for the ITIL® Service Strategy Certificate in IT Service Management.)
- Credits awarded: 3
- 22.5 hours of course material
- Practice exams
- Free exam voucher
- Instant 6 months access
- How To Earn?
• The student must pass the ITIL® Service Strategy Certificate in IT Service Management exam.
• The student can take the exam online (virtually) using a service provided by PeopleCert.
- How To Maintain?
Certification Exam Format
- Closed book
- Complex multiple choice
- 90 mins duration (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
- Eight scenario-based questions.
- The pass mark is 70% (28 marks out of 40 correct)
- You should pay the online course fee then the online course access will be granted to you within 1 week after receiving payment.
- Course fee payment is not refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
An Introduction to Service Strategy
- The purpose of service strategy
- The objectives of service strategy
- Service strategy’s value to the business
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Service Strategy Principles
- Service Strategy Basics
- Services and Value
- Assets and Service Providers
- Defining Services
- Service Economics
- Sourcing Strategies
Service Strategy Processes
- Strategy Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- What is Governance?
- Strategy, Policy and Plan
- Setting the strategies, policies and plans
- Governance Framework
- What is IT Governance?
- Governance Bodies
- IT Steering Group
- Strategy to Governance
Organizing for Service Strategy
- Centralized, Federated, or Decentralized?
- Deciding on a Structure
- Speed of Change
- Organization Departmentalization
- Organizational Design
- Organizational Design Steps
- Service Automation Benefits
- Areas for Possible Service Automation
- Automation reduces variation
- Preparing for Automation
- Service Analytics and Instrumentation
- Service Analytics
- Characteristics of good Service Interfaces
- The Critical Role of Service Interfaces
- Types of Service Technology Encounters
- Self-Service Channels
Implementing Service Strategy
- Implementation Through the Lifecycle
- Following a Lifecycle Approach
- The Impact of Service Strategy on other lifecycle Stages
- This section has been designed to support your preparations for the service strategy exam, and includes 2 mock exams, as well as detailed analysis of the exam format and how to complete the exam.