The ITIL Service Operation qualification is one of five ITIL Service Lifecycle Courses and will provide you with guidance that focusses on the coordination and execution of activities that enable the ongoing management and operation of the products or services developed or implemented during the service strategy, design and transition phases of the IT Service Lifecycle as well as any technology and support resources that are used to deliver them.
There are 2 objectives of this course. The first is to gain an introductory overview of the Service management lifecycle, its key processes, roles etc. You also want to pass the exam! It is the aim of the course to satisfy both.
Price (*ask for discount) 700 USD
Access period 180 days
- There is no formal prerequisite for this certification.
- This course will be of benefit to any IT professional who needs to understand the concepts and activities of ITIL Service Operation at management level.
- It is also suitable if you have completed the ITIL Foundation certificate, and you are wishing to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What is included
- Accredited by PeopleCert (which is licensed by AXELOS as an Examination Institute for the ITIL® Service Design Certificate in IT Service Management.)
- Credits awarded: 3
- 23 hours of course material
- Practice exams
- Free exam voucher
- Instant 6 months access
- How To Earn?
• The student must pass the ITIL® Service Operation Certificate in IT Service Management exam.
• The student can take the exam online (virtually) using a service provided by PeopleCert.
- How To Maintain?
Certification Exam Format
- Closed book
- Complex multiple choice
- 90 mins duration (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
- Eight scenario-based questions.
- The pass mark is 70% (28 marks out of 40 correct)
- You should pay the online course fee then the online course access will be granted to you within 1 week after receiving payment.
- Course fee payment is not refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction to Service Operation
- The purpose and objectives of service operation
- The scope of service operation
- Service operation’s value to the business
- Service operation fundamentals
- The context of service operation in relation to the other stages of the service lifecycle
Service Operation Principles
- Achieving balance in service operations
- Providing good service
- Involvement in other lifecycle stages
- Operational health
- Service operation inputs and outputs
Service Operation Processes
- The purpose and objectives
- The scope of the process
- Value to the business
- High level process activities, methods and techniques
- Triggers, inputs, outputs and interfaces
- CSFs and KPIs
- Challenges and risks
Common Service Operation Activities
- Monitoring and control, as it relates to event management in service operation
- IT operations for management of the operational environment
- Server and mainframe management and support
- Network management
- Storage and archive
- Database administration
- Directory services management
- Desktop and mobile device support
- Middleware management
- Internet or web management
- How the activities of service operation interact with the processes in the other lifecycle stages
- Facilities and data centre management
Organizing for Service Operation
- Organization of service operation through the service operation function of the service desk
- Technical management function
- IT operations management function
- Application management function
- Organizational structures
- The generic requirements for service management tools
- Event management
- Incident management
- Request fulfilment
- Problem management
- Access management
- Service desk
Implementation of Service Operation
- Managing change in service operation
- Service operation and project management
- Assessing and managing risk in service operation
- Operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company
- This module summarizes the material covered in the previous modules and prepares candidates for the examination.