The ITIL Service Transition qualification is one of five ITIL Service Lifecycle Courses. Service Transition ensures that the strategy requirements which service design used to design the new or changed service are effectively realized through to the delivery of live services in the service operation stage. It uses the outputs from service design to ensure that service solutions are smoothly migrated to live operation, fulfilling agreed customer and business requirements.
This is an accredited, interactive e-Learning course for students who wish to become certified in ITIL Service Transition. As well as in-depth visual learning content, the online course contains audio and video narratives, quizzes and practice exams.
Price 700 USD
Access Period 180 days
- There is no formal prerequisite for this certification.
- This course will be of benefit to any IT professional who needs to understand the concepts and activities of ITIL Service Strategy at management level.
- It is also suitable if you have completed the ITIL Foundation certificate, and you are wishing to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
What is included
- Accredited by PeopleCert (which is licensed by AXELOS as an Examination Institute for the ITIL® Service Design Certificate in IT Service Management.)
- Credits awarded: 3
- 21 hours of course material
- Practice exams
- Free exam voucher
- Instant 6 months access
- How To Earn?
• The student must pass the ITIL® Service Transition Certificate in IT Service Management exam.
• The student can take the exam online (virtually) using a service provided by PeopleCert.
- How To Maintain?
Certification Exam Format
- Closed book
- Complex multiple choice
- 90 mins duration (Candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary).
- Eight scenario-based questions.
- The pass mark is 70% (28 marks out of 40 correct)
- You should pay the online course fee then the online course access will be granted to you within 1 week after receiving payment.
- Course fee payment is not refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction to Service Transition
- The purpose and objective of service transition
- The scope of service transition
- Service transition’s value to the business
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Service Transition Principles
- Service transition principles, techniques and relationships
- Application to ensure new, modified or retired services meet the expectations of the business
- Service transition policies, principles and best practices
- How service transition performance can be optimized
- Typical metrics
- Inputs and outputs by lifecycle stage
- Service and role of utilities, warranties, capabilities and resources
- Key policies and best practice principles
Service Transition Processes
- Transition planning and support
- Change management
- Service asset and configuration management
- Release and deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Change evaluation
- Knowledge management
Managing People through Service Transition
- Managing communications
- Organizational change
- Stakeholder change
- Managing communications and commitment
- Managing organizational and stakeholder change
- Stakeholder management
- Managing communications and commitment through service transition
- Service transition’s role in organizational change
- Service transition’s approach to stakeholder management
Organizing for Service Transition
- Organizational development and the role of technical and application management function in service transition
- Organizational context for transitioning of a service
- Service transition roles and responsibilities
- Organizational context of service transition
- Technology requirements for service transition that support service transition as a whole and that support service transition’s integration into the whole lifecycle
- Knowledge management tools
- Collaboration and configuration management systems
- This unit summarizes the material covered in the previous units and prepares candidates for the examination.